Wednesday, May 8, 2013

WIAW #15: A Two-for-One Deal

I hate to admit it, but I've had a serious consumption issue with baked goods lately. Actually, the truth is, I've had a problem with cookies, cake, chocolate chips, peanut butter on a spoon, frosting on a spoon, the list goes on. Last night the husband noted that all of our silverware was in the dishwasher, yet the entire top rack was empty.

Basically, if you can put it on a spoon, I've been putting it in my mouth. Not. Good.


It's unhealthy to beat myself up over this, I know, but the fact is I'm not eating well, and my poor habits don't just affect me anymore. I've got to get this under control, for the sake of my Banana Republic jeans I'd like to wear again in November, as well as for my little people I feed every day.

Thank you, Jenn, of Peas and Crayons, for hosting WIAW. This fun get-together is holding me accountable and making me a bit more mindful of my mindless eating. And hopefully this will help me eat a few more celery sticks and not so many slices of cake! (Oh, I can dream, can't I?)

What I Ate Tuesday

Breakfast: oatmeal + tropical-flavored low-carb yogurt; banana; a few bites of last weekend's lactation cookie disaster; decaf; water



Snack: 1/2 cup fat-free Greek yogurt + 1 single-serving snack cup Mandarin oranges; Clif bar blueberry granola bar

Lunch: Leftovers: peppery polenta, tomatoes, balsamic reduction + a small baked potato with salt; water


Snack: 1 oz. sharp cheddar + 1 green apple; about 1 cup honey-nut o's cereal; water

Dinner: blueberry waffles; skim milk (I was so excited about waffles I completely forgot to take a picture - and I was busy feeding the little peeps squash, so I kind of had my hands full.)

Impulse snack, after failing to get either girl into bed and after being puked ALL OVER by our firstborn: CARROT CAKE and more skim milk

What I Ate - and Plan to Eat - Wednesday

Breakfast: 1 easy-over egg, 2 slices whole-wheat toast with spray butter; 1 slice American cheese (out of Swiss - eek!); 1 banana; about 1/2 cup skim milk; 1/2 cup half-caff coffee; lactation cookie crumbs while no one was looking


Snack:1/2 cup old-fashioned oats mixed with 1 tsp brewer's yeast and some cinnamon; 1 container low-carb yogurt; 3/4 up Mom's Best honey oat cereal



Lunch: more polenta (I can't get enough!); an apple, 10 pretzels, hummus

Snack: peanut butter (on a spoon); more trail mix than I'd like to admit

Planned for Dinner: goulash; a giant salad with chickpeas and light Italian dressing; probably a glass of red wine and a glass of milk

After-Dinner Eats: NONE

2 comments:

  1. Today is 10/27/2016 and this blogspot sounds like something I'd love to read. Where are you now in life Meghan?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to show my space a little love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...