Sunday, March 4, 2012

Menu Planning (Week of March 4, 2012)

Pin It

Husband: Remember that week when we planned out all of our dinners? [Translation: Love of my Life, do you remember that week you planned all of our dinners on Sunday and then stuck to the plan every night of that week?]

Wife:
 Yeah, I'd like to do that again. [Translation: That really was a great week, but I'm not sure if I have the energy to find recipes for the rest of the week and make sure we have the ingredients before we go to the store.]

Husband:
 We should do that again. That was the best week ever. [Translation: You fed me whatever you wanted for the entire week and I didn't complain one bit because it was part of the menu plan. It was great.]

Wife:
 Alright, I'll look at my cookbooks. [Translation: I fed you whatever I wanted for the entire week and you didn't whine one bit because it was part of the menu plan. It was great]

General consensus: Menu planning is awesome. My weeknight evenings are so much easier when I don't have to come home after work and stare at the pantry wondering what to make the husband for dinner. 


So I took the time this weekend to thumb through a couple of cookbooks. I figure a little work now will save me a lot of frustration in the long run. And who doesn't like a good excuse to have an extra cup of coffee and sit with a good cookbook?


"I can't take a shower yet, Husband. I have to menu plan."

Sunday: Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches


Monday: Something Rachael Ray is calling Toastachos


Tuesday: Bison (which we're hoping to buy today) or Scrambled Egg Pizza, if all else fails


Wednesday: Chicken Spiedies (What, you've never heard of Binghamton? Swing back later in the week. I'll be showing New York some love.)


Thursday: Reubens


Friday: Fillets and Spinach With Balsamic Vinaigrette
  

4 comments:

  1. I made the toastachos this week (I'm going through her mag) and they were really, really good (dumb name though). So you do know that you've got that one nailed for sure. I'm looking forward to seeing how the bison is. I've never tried that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the reason we'll be having that dish with the silly name. :-)

      Delete
  2. I always menu plan! If I didn't, I'm sure I'd definitely spend A LOT of time trying to think of things to make off-hand & I also think I'd spend a lot of extra money at the grocery store since I wouldn't know exactly what to buy. Looks like you've got some yummy meals planned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny... yes, I am all about menu planning as well. I usually have 3 or 4 options for the week and then take it day by day as to which one we'll make each night.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to show my space a little love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...