Monday, February 20, 2012

Frozen Yogurt Dessert

Pin It


Whipped Frozen Strawberry Yogurt With Macadamia Nuts
Before visitors arrive it's all clean the house, bake a coffee cake, make sure the sheets are washed, simmer a pot of homemade barbecue sauce and clean the house again.

When company's visiting, we stay up past our bedtime, turn our heads when the dogs snack on table scraps, let the laundry pile up and eat far too many meals out and about.


Once our guests are back in the car, the house is too quiet. We return recyclables, the washer runs nonstop for two days, I no longer worry about how many people have to shower after me and shave my legs again, and the husband balances the checkbook.


We get used to not sharing the loveseat
. And go back to my strange after-dinner eats.


High-Protein Frozen Yogurt

1 single container low-carb yogurt (your favorite flavor)

1/4-1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or water
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder

Put the yogurt in the freezer until almost completely frozen. (I've found three to four hours gives me the best consistency. If the yogurt is too frozen, it won't blend well.)


Pour the milk or water into the blender, starting with 1/4 cup. Add in the yogurt and protein powder. Blend. Add more milk or water if you need more liquid to help you reach the texture you'd like - more liquid for soupier "yogurt," less for a thicker dessert.


Enjoy with your favorite toppings or all on its own!



5 comments:

  1. I've been looking for a frozen yogurt-type recipe! I will have to try this if I can find the protein powder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it'd work even without the protein powder. I just like to add it for a little more protein to go with my carbs. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh yum! I love making desserts with yogurt. Especially of the Greek variety :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been wondering what it'd taste like if I used Greek yogurt - prob amazing. :) I might want to add a little fruit, though, to get that dessert-y sweetness.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to show my space a little love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...