Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sometimes You Just Need a Cookie


Let's be honest: Oreos aren't that great for you. They're filled with sugar, fat and Lord knows what when it comes to preservatives. 

But they're sweet, chocolatey, crunchy on the outside, creamy on the inside and, when covered in white chocolate, just about one of my favorite things on the planet.

I prided myself on not buying these white chocolate-covered devils the last two holiday seasons. Sure, I'd seen them in the stores, but I'd resisted temptation and left 'em on the shelf. Three years, though? I'd reached my limit.

This year I told the husband I wanted to give in and - even though I knew I didn't need Oreos after dinner in a tall glass of almond milk - I was going to buy those Oreos and eat them during the month of December.

One box. I just wanted one box. I promised I'd make them last.

So I started looking for my much-loved Oreos with full intentions of making a purchase. I looked at our local grocery store. I looked at Walmarts (and I meant the plural because I looked at more than one!). I looked at convenience stores.

No luck.

But not a whole lot went the way I planned today, and I needed something good for me - not necessarily in a fruit and vegetables kind of way, either. The husband feels like he's coming down with something and didn't want dinner tonight. And when he doesn't want dinner, I'm not always that motivated to cook for myself. 

In the midst of my guess-I'll-go-eat-worms mood, I told the husband I just wanted to eat cookies for dinner.

"Oh, yeah," he said, reaching into his lunchbox. "I brought these home for you."

The man answered my prayers. His boss' nanny recently made white chocolate-covered Oreos - and the husband brought two home for me!

So, yeah, I'm sure Oreos are even worse for you if you eat them for dinner, instead of making yourself some baked fish and green beans. But they were soooo good.


2 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE Oreos dipped in white chocolate!! I made a bunch of them for our Halloween party this year. I sprinkled them with cute Halloween sprinkles. They were a huge hit! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to show my space a little love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...