Sunday, August 7, 2011

Good Ol' Garlic Knots ... Again


homemade garlic knots
Garlic Knots

I've made garlic knots before, I know. But I'd never made them with the thin-crust pizza dough we're loving these days. So when I had planned to use our frozen pizza dough for pizza and the husband suggested garlic knots instead, I was a little skeptical. But it was anniversary weekend, after all, and we agreed that whatever we wanted went on anniversary weekend. And the garlic knots were a success.

I defrosted a little thin-crust pizza dough Thursday night so it'd be all ready Friday evening when we got home, and then I rolled it out and ripped off 10-12 pieces of dough. I brushed about 1 1/2 tablespoons of melted light butter and a minced garlic clove onto the knots and sprinkled them with Italian seasonings. After about 10-12 minutes in a 400-degree-F oven, the knots were ready for a bowl, a little salt and a little Parmesan cheese.

The knots were a a great and easy happy hour treat. The husband liked them because they were soft and garlicky, and I liked them because they were made with so much whole wheat flour. All in all, these were a hit. They may have need a little more salt than I had anticipated, but they were still a success. I know we'll be using that dough to make knots again! 


1 comment:

  1. That was a really clever idea. Love anything with garlic on it. I would love these with soup!
    Thank you for the idea about the plain yogurt for the chicken salad. That is such a great idea! Perfect for people who don't like mayo. I'm going to add it in the notes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to show my space a little love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...