Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sweet, Sweet Salad

healthy dijon-mustard vinaigrette and salad

"Are you putting grapes on my salad?!"

Those were the first words out of the husband's mouth as he saw me putting dinner together tonight. I thought he might not be that open to the idea, so I must admit I was trying to slip the grapes by him when he caught me.

As we started eating dinner tonight, I asked the husband if he kind of didn't like me at the moment. He shook his head. "No," he said. "I still like you. But I kind of don't like my salad."

So, the husband wasn't a huge fan of this starter, but I liked it. It was a nice change from our usual dressing and light Italian dressing. The husband thought it was too sweet; it was sweet and probably could have used a little more lettuce to cut the dressing. But I still liked it. And I'll definitely make this again when the husband isn't around. I like the guy too much to serve him stuff I know he won't enjoy. When I'm just wondering whether he'll like it, well, that's another story.

Greens With Honey-Dijon Vinaigrette
Serves 2

2 cups lettuce
1/4 cup sliced grapes
2 tablespoons (or so) sliced cucumber

Vinaigrette:

1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon honey
1/8-1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
a dash of freshly ground black pepper (or more, to taste)

Whisk together all of the vinaigrette ingredients in a large bowl. Add in the lettuce and toss. 

Plate the greens and sprinkle with cucumbers and grapes.

Amount per serving, sans cucumbers: 66 calories, 3.7 g fat, 8.2 g carbs, 1.4 g fiber, 1.1 g protein


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to show my space a little love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...