Monday, June 6, 2011

Meatless Monday: Chickpea and Pasta Soup



It was a high of 96 at our house today and the husband still let me serve soup for dinner without complaining. I made soup for dinner - sans meat - and the man was happy. Do I have a keeper or what?

I'd love to share the recipe with you, but it's from a new cookbook that I'm working my way through in preparation of a review, so I don't want to ruin the surprise. All I'll say is that this was a glorious soup (sorry, I had to do it). The tomatoes, pasta and chickpeas were so good together; I'd definitely recommend the pasta shells, too. It was a nice surprise when I'd find a chickpea had worked its way into a shell and hidden. I told the husband I thought spinach would be a nice addition to our bowls, but he shook his head in disagreement. I asked him if he thought chicken would be better and he said most definitely.

So mark this down as a successful Meatless Monday. Yes, the recipe title has something like "Summer Soup" in it, but I know we'll be eating this again even when it isn't almost 100 degrees outside. And, who knows, maybe next time we'll even throw a little animal protein in. Even if we don't, though, it's nice to know the husband will enjoy it.


1 comment:

  1. Blogger has been acting strange...the pasta soup with chickpeas sounds terrific to me. I come back to check the photo later.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to show my space a little love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...