Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Grow Your Own


"To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter ... to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird's nest or a wildflower in spring - these are some of the rewards of the simple life. "
— 
John Burroughs

I usually give you a monthly update and let y'all know what I've been loving lately. Well, here it is. I spent plenty of evenings in the month of May loving my gardens - and creating barricades to keep brown dog feet out of them.





And just in case you're thinking it looks a bit messy behind the beds, here's a look at what that part of the yard looked like almost two years ago:


Yes, the husband was totally saying, "What the ... ?" 
Thank goodness he could see beyond the vines!

3 comments:

  1. My husband and I are planning to buy our own home this year. I am definitley going to start my own garden. I am so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is the "Year of the Vegetable Garden". With the economy, the tornados, floods, and cost of food everyone is thinking about the way life used to be and want to live a simpler life. We have a garden this summer for the 1st time in years.
    May I suggest that you visit the farmer markets that grow heirloom vegetables and find some tomatoes you really like. I found one called Aunt Ruby German. When I took a sample bit, the taste send me back to when I was around 14. Wow! It had real taste...not just color.
    Have fun in the garden. Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly - our first "garden" was a bunch of containers, but it was still memorable. It's definitely rewarding to grow your own goods! Good luck with the house search. I hope it all goes well! :)

    Bill - That's a great idea! The husband will eat tomatoes, but he HATES when they don't have any flavor. Maybe I can get my hands on some really good ones at our local market!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to show my space a little love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...