Sunday, March 13, 2011

Wakie, Wakie ... It's Time for Eggs and Bakie

waffles and nectarines
Multigrain Waffles and Nectarines With a Side of Egg Whites
My momma sent me a link to Kellogg's Share Your Breakfast program earlier this week, and I have to admit I'm hooked. I've been busy helping to feed schoolchildren ever since. (The husband will tell you this is just another excuse for me to take photos during mealtime, but I disagree.) All you have to do is take a picture of your morning meal and upload it to the Kellogg's site - you can even text your photo submissions. You don't have to receive annoying e-mails from the company once you've participated, either. And the best part? You can upload more than one photo, which means you can help the project as many times as your heart desires. 

It doesn't matter what time I get up in the morning. I need breakfast. When we're in the car at 4 am for a 12-hour car ride to visit our parents, I've been known to eat breakfast at about 4:30. And on lazy Saturday mornings when the husband wants to relax and drink three cups of coffee before he even thinks about breakfast, I eat without him. It's obvious I love food. But the truth is I can't imagine starting the day without this important meal. As cliche as it sounds, a good, healthy breakfast gives me so much energy and really gets me ready to face the day. I think we all deserve a good start to to the day. 

Here's a look at some of my morning meals this week: 

Egg White Breakfast Pizza
French Toast With Bananas and Honey
oatmeal topped with yogurt
Oatmeal Topped With Nonfat Plain Yogurt & Strawberries



How'd you start your day?

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree! I can't imagine skipping breakfast. I'm always trying to explain this to my teenaged patients. They skip breakfast and for some reason think this will help them lose weight. I tell them they are just making it harder for themselves to lose weight because their body wakes up starving and so immediately slows its metabolism when it doesn't get food...plus then they are hungrier and eat crap all day. Mmmmm...I love breakfast! This morning I had oatmeal with brown sugar and frozen blueberries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great program...and they all look like great breakfasts! I can't skip brekkie either, I'd be miserable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid that I side with your husband. My stomach just can't think about handling solid foods until I've been up for a good 2-3 hours. Unfortunately, Dudette's wired differently and eats first thing so we've had to flex on that. I love the idea of this program though. I'll have to go check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to show my space a little love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...