Saturday, March 5, 2011

Banana-Topped Pumpkin French Toast

bananas and french toast
Banana-Topped Pumpkin French Toast
Before we headed out for a day of outlet shopping today (thank you, spring rain), I made myself and the husband a nice French toast breakfast. He ate just plain old bread and egg whites with maple syrup (trucked all the way from Vermont). But I ate mine with a little pumpkin and some cooked bananas on top. Mmmmm. There's nothing like a great breakfast to start the day.

"See all the great things I introduced you to?" the husband asked as he ate his breakfast and I continued to cook mine. He was right. I never - never - ate French toast until I met him and his momma, who once owned a restaurant that I have a feeling specialized in breakfast. And I never ate pumpkin. You'd have never known my former breakfast aversions, though, from the meal I had this morning.

Banana-Topped Pumpkin French Toast





2 slices 35-calorie 9-grain bread
2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
1/2 large banana
1/2 cup liquid egg whites
dash vanilla
dash cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon honey

Mix about 1/4 cup of the egg whites, the cinnamon and vanilla in a bowl. 

Spread the pumpkin onto one slice of bread, and sandwich the other slice of bread on top. 

Dip the bread into the egg white mixture, covering both sides with the eggs. Cook the sandwich on a warmed and sprayed griddle. Flip the French toast sandwich after a few minutes and cook the other side until both sides are lightly brown and the eggs are cooked.

Cook the remaining egg whites and serve on the side.

Top the French toast with honey and enjoy!


Serves 1
Amount Per Serving: 237 calories, 1.5 g fat, 43 g carbs, 7.9 g fiber, 18 g protein

2 comments:

  1. Well... that looks quite tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will without a doubt make Banana-Topped Pumpkin French Toast for my wife this Sunday morning. I think you and I have similar tastes in food. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to show my space a little love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...