Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Pie ... and Cinnamon Cranberry Granola Bars

Pumpkin Pie
If I wasn't already sure of the husband's love for me, the fact that he ate last night's dinner without complaining much proved this is true love. So I made it up to him tonight (after a simple dinner of tacos) with a pumpkin pie. I've made him pumpkin pies in the past, so I thought I'd make him another something special, which I haven't necessarily made before: granola bars. I know, I attempted granola bars last week. But as the days went on, the bars fell apart and we were left with - rather tasty - granola crumbles, which we've been eating on yogurt and fruit.


Peanut Butter Granola & Apples
The granola bars I made tonight, though, are holding together quite nicely. If only we can wait until they cool completely, I am quite confident they're going to cut into squares and hold together well enough to go in the husband's lunch tomorrow. And not to pat myself on the back too much, but they smell so good I think he's going to fall in love with me all over again. They might even make him forget about last night's dinner.


Cinnamon Cranberry Granola Bars
Inspired by All Recipes


2 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 teaspoon cinnamon
5 TBSP butter
3 TBSP honey
1/4 cup packed brown sugar


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.


Line a baking pan with tin foil and spray the foil with cooking spray.




Mix the oats, cranberries and cinnamon in a large bowl.




Heat the butter, honey and sugar in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring often, until butter is melted and bubbles begin to form.




Pour the butter mixture over the oats and mix well. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly. 



Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.




Remove the pan to a rack and cool completely before cutting.

3 comments:

  1. The pie looks delicious! I could eat pumpkin pie anytime of year to be honest. Why save it for only the holidays? And I really do want to try your granola bars. Although I think I would be ok if they just ended up being granola because I love eating that in my yogurt!
    Brandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyday I look forward to reading your blog I just love it. I can't wait to try the granola bars they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They turned into granola - again! I'm on a roll for making awful granola bars. Perhaps I should just find a recipe that everyone has raved about. Maybe Eating Well has a version I can try. We shall see!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to show my space a little love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...