Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ginger Honey Chicken

Ginger Honey Chicken
The husband and I have been flirting with the idea of clean eating for about the last month. Well, let's be honest here: I've been thinking about it and making clean recipes from time to time; the husband has been my guinea pig. 

Clean recipes aren't very different than the recipes I usually try to serve, but they sometimes require a bit more thought and planning. For example, I don't have a supply of agave nectar in the cupboard - yet - so I usually have to skip over those dishes. Lucky for us, I was able to find a very simple, clean recipe for tonight's dinner. Unfortunately, it was a bit, how do I put this? Dinner was underwhelming. 

Dinner was healthy, filling and colorful, if I might say so myself, but it wasn't very flavorful. The chicken didn't really absorb the flavors of the marinade as I'd hoped. I think if we have this again - and I mean if - I'll let the chicken sit for an hour or more before popping it into the oven. And it might be worth getting the mini processor out to whip the marinade. Perhaps that would help mix in the honey and coat the chicken more.

I'm not giving up on clean eating, and neither is the husband (although he doesn't even know what he ate for dinner was clean). Who knows. Come next month, maybe clean eating won't be such a rare occurrence. Perhaps by then I'll have a whole handful of clean recipes worth sharing with you - recipes so good I'll even be willing to tell the husband we're clean eaters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to show my space a little love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...