Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sneak Peek

Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls, on the rise
I have to make a confession: I've been dreaming about Thanksgiving for weeks. I've been testing pie crust recipes, mashing potatoes with olive oil and reading recipes when I should be doing laundry. (For the record, I'm pretty sure there's a hamper full of laundry I should be putting away this very minute, but it can wait.)

This year marks the third Thanksgiving the husband and I have spent 12 hours away from our family. Sure, we'd love to have them all here, but in this three-bedroom, one-bath house, that just isn't happening. So we've learned to make the best of this situation and realized quiet holidays at home can be some of the best. This will be our second year celebrating with just one house guest: my cousin who is going to school a couple of hours away but can't make the trip home for the holiday.  


We're creating our very own memories that don't involve running from one grandparent's house to another aunt's house back to someone's mom's house, all with me having an asthma attach in between from someone's cat. Do you see where I'm going with this? Yes, we love a good long hug from from a grandmother we haven't seen in months and a little brother's teasing, but Thanksgiving was never a holiday either of us looking forward to - that is, until now. 


I've been planning our Thanksgiving menu for weeks, so much so that I just couldn't help myself: I started prepping Sunday afternoon with whole wheat dinner rolls. I'll fill you in on the rest of my first solo-Thanksgiving adventure as the days progress. On the agenda for tomorrow? Pies and pink stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to show my space a little love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...